VGCC LOCAL RULES
TO BE READ IN CONJUNCTION WITH THE R & A RULES OF GOLF.
- Immovable Obstuctions (rule 24-2) – flower beds, ant hills/mounds & any fixed man made object including but not limited too; paved cart paths, bridges, pop-stands, shelters, sprinklers heads, yardage markers, drainage grates, anti-lightning poles, light poles, tee box information stones, garbage & sand bins, irrigation satellite boxes, course signage, pump stations or maintenance boxes & plates.
- Ground under repair – defined by white lines and or marked with a GUR sign
- Out of Bounds - The boundary of course is defined by White Stakes or White lines.
- Water Hazards and Lateral Water Hazards
Water hazards are defined by yellow stakes or lines, lateral water hazards by red stakes or lines.
- Hole Positions
- Yellow = Back of Green
- White = Centre of Green
- Red = Front of Green
- Distance Markers
- 100m,150m,200m are in yards and to the centre of green
- Sand Liner in Bunkers
- In a bunker if your intended swing is impeded by the fabric bunker liner a free drop may be taken at nearest point of relief still in the bunker
- GPS or distance measuring devices are allowed
- Speed of Play
- Keep up with the Group in front at all times and refer to Speed Chart held by caddies for further information
- Any Temporary local rules are posted on the Main Pop Stand Notice Boards
- Players are expected to follow international & local etiquette standards at all times at VGCC
Thank you for taking care of our golf course, enjoy your experience at vgcc
For the rules of golf please follow the link ;